Thursday, July 3, 2008

Independence Day 2008

For Mother's Day this year, Andrew suprised the girls and myself with tickets to the Miley Cyrus concert in Utah on the 4th Of July. I was so excited because there is no better place to spend the 4th of July than in Utah. It is amazing all the things that go on during the 4th. Our day started off with Andrew's most hated thing...a parade. I don't know what it is, but most adults hate parades but the kids, they LOVE them. Here is a picture of Maddy and Audrey with their cousins Aubrey and Grace.










Here is Drew enjoying himself with his cousins Ryan and Josh. During this trip Drew and Ryan became inseparable. They are only about three months apart but for the longest time Drew would just give Ryan the cold shoulder. I was so excited they got to be such good buddies during this trip.













Andrew's cousin Eric and his wife had a baby about six weeks AFTER us. Here is Gavin with their daughter Kennedy. Seriously my babies are so little. I'll have what she's having.













After the parade, we went over to Andrew's sister Diana's house for a BBQ. There was a lot of Andrew's extended family there. I was so good to see everyone. Later on that night we grabbed a pizza and headed over to Stadium of Fire where the featured guess was Miley Cyrus. I guess it didn't click that the feature was Miley Cyrus and not Hannah Montana and so she only sang the Miley Cyrus songs. My kids didn't know them as well but they were having a blast dancing their hearts out. We also got to see my niece dance with hundreds of other dancers and the fireworks were amazing. I have never seen a better firework show ever. Drew was mesmerized by them. It was such a fun night.

3 comments:

Megan Conrad said...

That was so much fun, and it really seems like it was yesterday. Miss you guys, and can't wait to see you next month! Love you :)

Misty said...

Oh my gosh!! Look at that Gavin. I can't get enough of him either. I need to call you and see how you are doing.

4HandyKids said...

Sidney would have died and gone to heaven to see Miley! Looks like you guys had fun.