Tuesday, September 2, 2008

JOY SCHOOL

On September 2nd, Drew started school, well Joy School that is. Instead of sending Drew to preschool this year, a group of us decided to do Joy School. There are five of us in the group and so we only have to teach one Tuesday and Thursday every five weeks. Thankfully all the lessons are planned out for us. We signed up at valuesparenting.com and then they provided minute by minute lesson plans. This is awesome for people like me who don't know the first thing about drawing up detailed lesson plans. The curriculum is focused more on values than academics although we did add a little academic section. I am excited that Drew gets to be a part of this and he is really excited that he gets to go to school. Here is Drew on the first day which just so happened to be at his cousin Ally's house.

While waiting for the other kids to arrive, they got to play with playdoh.







5 comments:

Christian and Karina said...

Joy school is the best!

kesli said...

What a great idea. I will have to share this with the mom's at Ryli's little playgroup. You need to let me know how it works out.

Michelle said...

i've heard of lots of people doing joy school and loving it - i've never looked into it. you'll have to tell me how you like it...crazy that cade's the only one left at my house that i would do it for.

The Brockbanks said...

He is getting so big. Joy school is great, especially when it is not at your house:)

Jessica said...

I can't wait for Margo to go to preschool next year, I think she will love it!