Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wooo HOOO I Finally Finished

So I have been learning to knit over the last few months. My first few attempts were disastrous. The first two times I started, the yarn just was too hard to work with. Then once I thought I got the hang of it, I kept adding a stitch and it ended up looking like a mini cape. Anyway, my patient friends...jana and eve helped me and here is the outcome...

I am feeling a little adventurous and I think I will try a beanie next.


This next project went a little faster and was not as hard to figure out how to do, but I will admit that I had to call Krystal quite a few times. But I finally finished the crayon roll. Now I only have three more to make.

12 comments:

Jana said...

Nice Job Shannon!
If you want to block that scarf, all you do is get it wet and stretch it out in the shape you want on a towel and let it dry, it makes the stitches a little more uniform (I do this on all my projects).
That Crayon roll is such a cute idea!

Megan Conrad said...

Shannon, it looks great! I'm glad that all the hard work paid off. You'll have to teach me all about knitting, because currently I am not so good in that department:) Love you guys! Can't wait to see you in a month.

The Staffieri Family said...

You and Krystal are way too creative and domestic for me! I love the crayon roll. What a great idea!

The Brockbanks said...

I am so impressed with all of your skills!

Sandra said...

Impressive! I can't believe you have learned to knit. That seems like a feat I will never conquer. You will have to show me your "skills" when you come up! Love the idea of the crayon roll...you and Krystal are awesome!

kesli said...

Ry and I were so happy to hang out with you while we were in town. Thanks for having us. I totally forgot to get the link to the crayon roll. I want to make some too. Will you email me the link. Thanks. Love you all.

4HandyKids said...

I need some of those rolls! Maybe you can show me how to make them? You know, in all that free time we both have!

Christian and Karina said...

Love it, my creative, crafty friend! Wanna, gotta learn!

Jacqueline Mohamed said...

So, Shawn saw your post and said, "hey, she stole our copyrighted tagline for WaMu (wahoo, it's Wamu!)Work is never far from my husband's mind. anyways,impressive work!

Jessica said...

the crayon holder would be nice for church.....maybe you could show me how to make one for Margo.

Naomi said...

Look at you--quite the little domestic goddess! I love how your crayon roll turned out. So cute!

Misty said...

Shan-
I'm so impressed. Is this the same scarf you were working on in St.George. I would have given up a long time ago. Way to go!!