Saturday, May 17, 2008

Newport Beach

Since Andrew and I have been dating, his family has gone to Park City each year for a vacation. A few years after we got married his mom bought a time share at the Park City Marriott. Since you can trade your week to go somewhere else, I have been nudging them each year to go somewhere else. Well this year, we went to Newport Beach. What a fantastic vacation. However, I have come to realize that vacations are not for resting... at least not when you go on them with kids. We had a great week with the family. We spent the time going to the pool, playing rockband, roasting marshmallows, staying up late, going to California Adventure, American Girl Doll, and Disneyland. Wow, I am exhausted just writing about it.

Maddy and Drew at the Hot Tub



Drew and his cousin Ryan at the beach



Roasting Marshmallows


Maddy and her cousin Aubrey eating their roasted marshmallows.


Half of Disneyland was people from Utah county on Spring Break so I was lucky enough to see two of my good friends from Utah. The picture below is one with Sandra.



My other friend Mindy was there with her family and she was actually staying in our resort. Here is a picture of Maddy with Mindy's daughter Kiersten.



And last a view from our resort. Oh how it makes me want to go back. Maybe next year....


8 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm thinking the Haymond's should do the same thing with everyone...

Tami said...

gotta love those time share swap-a-roo's. We've benefited from Brent's grandparents having one of those a few times. Looks like a fun time.

Megan Conrad said...

That was seriously the best trip EVER! It went by way too fast!:)

Christian and Karina said...

Good times! Looking at the picture of the view from the resort makes me want to transport myself there!

Cristina said...

Ryan and I love Park City, it is our ideal vacation spot. But you are right, it is nice to go someplace new every once in awhile. We have also been to the Newport Beach Marriot and really like it too. It looks like you had a fun time, I am sure you needed it with everything happening right now.

Michelle said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun time!!! Family vacations are great, but you're right - not very restful...everybody will have wonderful memories about it for years to come - it makes it all worth it!

Sandra said...

That resort looks like a blast! I am so glad we got to meet up and share some of the day together. I can't believe I haven't even posted that trip yet....I am way behind.

Naomi said...

It's fun to see pics of your fun week. It sounds like everyone had such a great time!