Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gavin's Blessing

Best Shot of Gavin in his blessing outfit.



Gavin was blessed on Sunday, April 13th. He was two weeks away from being four months old. Our other kids were blessed in the first two months, but we waited to bless Gavin until Andrew's family and my grandparents could be with us. It was such a special day. We had so many people there that is was kind of embarrassing how big the circle was. I think if I counted right, there were thirteen men in the circle. Andrew gave a beautiful blessing as always. After the blessing, we went to the park close to our house and had lunch. That day was sooo hot. It was almost 100F but there was a breeze so it wasn't unbearable to be outside. On the way home from church, I kept debating if to switch it to my home. But there was over 50 people there and I just don't think I could of done it at my house. Especially since we were leaving for Newport that night for a week vacation. It all worked out great. Thanks everyone for the help. During Drew's blessing, I was seriously so crazy busy that I forgot to take any pictures. This time I made sure to get a lot of pictures.

I was actually able to get one outside the church amid all the chaos.


Here is one with my family minus my girls...they were too busy playing with their cousins. I have a great family and I am glad we are so close.


A picture of myself and Gavin with my mom and my Nani (she is my mom's mom)


A picture with my dad.



My brothers, dad, Gavin and myself.


A picture of all the men that attended.


All the ladies that came...there were just too many to have one big group shot. So we had to split up the boy and the girls. Andrew's family is close knit. He has lots of cousins that live close by and they are always so supportive. I married into a great family.


Here is a picture of Dan and Krystal's family. They are the most photogenic family.


A picture of myself and Gavin with Andrew's mom and his grandma. We were so excited that they were both able to be here. His grandma is 91 years old and I am amazed at how much she travels. She always tries to make it to all the special occasions. Thanks Kip and Diana for bringing her down with you.


Andrew with his Aunt Jan and Uncle Ken from Las Vegas and his Grandma.


Andrew's sister Diana and Aunt Jan



Andrew's sister Camille, her husband Paul and Andrew's mom Karen.
Krystal holding Gavin. We had to take a picture of Gavin with the maker of his cute little outfit. Thank you Krystal. I cherish his and Drew's blessing outfits. You are the best!!!

7 comments:

wendy and brig said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. I am glad everything went well.

The Brockbanks said...

What a fun day! You look beautiful as usual. I love Gavin's blessing outfit. That is so special. I love blessings. That is such a happy time. Congratulations!

I keep trying to talk everyone in to blogging but no luck. Krystal you and I will have to go it alone.

Jacqueline Mohamed said...

What a beautiful family! It was nice to see some pictures of Andrew's family as well. Everyone looks great! Will you send some of that sun this way?

4HandyKids said...

You would never know it was 95 degrees out there! You all look great!

Megan Conrad said...

I can't believe that that week came and went so fast! We had so much fun, and we miss you guys! Can't wait for summer to see you guys again! Love you! xoxo: meg:)

Christian and Karina said...

It was a great day, I was so glad be there. It was a wonderful blessing by Andrew (but, of course- said in a French accent). It was great to see you and your family and family friends. We are grateful to have been a part of it!

Britanee Walker said...

hi! it sounds like it was a great day! Congratulations. Your family is beautiful.