Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Brother Is Engaged

My brother Nick proposed to his girlfriend of five years a week ago today. We are so happy for him. She is such a great girl and fits well into our family. Nick wanted the families to meet and so we went to Newport Beach to have dinner with her family. Andrew was not able to make it because he had family in from Utah. So I left three of the kids at home and Gavin and I hitched a ride with Dan and Krystal. Kendra and her mom were sad that they were not able to meet my other kids. I had told Nick I thought it would be too hectic if I brought all the kids by myself. So when I got there, Kendra mom said to me, "Oh, I wish you had drawn straws so that one of your girls could of come." They are such nice people but I wasn't surprised. Kendra is just so sweet and nice and her family is just the same. They are going to get married next June.

Nick and Kendra


The soon to be Father In Laws


All of the Family at El Torito Grill

5 comments:

Megan Conrad said...

That's so exciting! Pass on our congratulations:) We can't wait to see you in July!

Sandra said...

How exciting!! She sounds like she will fit in perfectly with you and Krystal. :) Also, I can't believe Jordan is graduating!! I saw his announcement at your grandparents. Where does the time go? :)

The Brockbanks said...

That is so much fun. I love new sister in laws! You look so cute in that picture. Your hair is getting long!

Michelle said...

Hi Shannon,
It was fun to see you guys on the 4th! I can't believe how your kids are growing up...such cuties! Hey, email me your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog. Have a great day!

Michelle

brit.brat said...

hooray nick! can't wait to meet her at the annual dobes family christmas party! hey found your blog!! good job on the crayon rolls!love them!!