Saturday, December 6, 2008

Breakfast With Santa

Tis the Season...


This year my dad invited the whole family to a Breakfast with Santa at his country club. I have not done something like this since Madison was a year old and I was so excited to have this experience with the kids. When we showed up our table was decorated with these cute teddy bears and so needless to say Audrey was in heaven. I have never seen someone with a fascination for stuff animals that rivals hers. We had a nice breakfast followed by cookie decorating, a puppet show, face or hand painting and pictures with Santa. Before the puppet show, the puppeteer was walking around for the kids to have an up close look at the star of the show.



Drew has loved Santa this year. The whole morning he kept asking when we were going to get to see him. At one point I couldn't find Drew and I finally found him in the room where Santa was just starring at him in awe. After patiently waiting our turn, he finally got to sit on Santa's lap. He didn't even tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. Just sitting on his lap and getting a hug was enough for him.


After Drew hugged and hugged and hugged and hugged Santa, the whole family got in for a picture. As you can see Gavin was not as enamored.


After the pictures were over, they all got to go have either their face or their hand painted. Drew choose to have a dinosaur (his other love) on his hand. All of a sudden Drew disappeared. We found him down the hall showing his dinosaur off to Santa. I think we "lost" him three other times. Santa was so sweet to him though.

I just love this picture of Andrew and Gavin.


So my dad invited my mom to this fun event. We have come a long way since they first divorced. In my wildest dreams I never imagined that we would be able to spend times like this as a entire family. I am so grateful that we have made it here.

No comments: