Monday, February 11, 2008

Something Sweet

My little Madison has such a tender heart and is always trying to make me feel better when I am upset. So last Friday (February 8th) I was feeling sick and the morning had gotten away from me. I was late taking Madison to school. I got the kids in the car. As I put my car into reverse and pushed on the gas, I heard this huge crunch. Yes, I guess the garage door had not gone up all the way and I ran our new car into the garage door. I was so upset. It left a dent in the garage door and took off the paint on my car. So Madison was trying to ask me what had happened and I told her I was too upset to talk about it. To this she replys, "Mom, I can stay home from school today and help you out." She was very sincere and I appreciated her willingness to help. My husband was also very sweet about the whole incident and said, "I know you are doing the best you can, don't worry about it, we will get it fixed." I have the best family

5 comments:

whitty-acres said...

Oh shannon... this post almost made me cry. You are really doing such a good job, don't get down on yourself! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Sandra said...

Oh..I feel for you. Dang. Thank goodness for a sweet daughter and understanding husband. It is such a bummer when you are frazzled or not thinking straight and then something major happens that shouldn't have. It happens to me all the time. :) You do have the best family!

Megan Conrad said...

That's so sweet. I'm so lucky that you guys are a part of my family. You guys ARE the best! Love you:)

Tami said...

Oh I love this post! It says so much about you and your family. I love how such a bummer resulted in something so priceless... Count your many blessings!

The Dobrons said...

Sometimes I just say to myself....is Madison's spirit older than mine?? She seems too wise for her years doesn't she?!