Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Our New Arrival

Better late than never. I wanted to do this sooner, but I just can't seem to find the time. I am still adjusting to having four kids. Anyway, Krystal gave a very accurate account. I will just fill in some of the details. I spent most of Christmas Eve and Christmas day off of my feet so as not to go into labor on either of those days. My plan worked. On Thursday, the 27th of December, I went to see the doctor. She told me that I was dilated to a three. We set up an inducement for Sunday at 4am. It was the only time that was available before the new year, so I took it. I went home and decided that I would clean the house from top to bottom. I finished cleaning a little after 12 am. I finally got into bed around 1am. I never could fall asleep and then around 130am, I started to feel some pains. I hadn't had any "real" contractions during the day and so I wondered if I was in labor or if my back just hurt really bad from cleaning. I waited a little and then woke up Andrew who had just dozed off. I had to call my neighbor in the middle of the night since Dan and Krystal were staying down at my moms. So she came over and we left for the hospital. I was in a lot of pain. The contractions were coming about every two minutes and I was having the labor in my back. For those of you who have experienced back labor, it is the worst. Anyway, we got to the hospital around 245am and Gavin didn't waste much time. He was born at 330. I was glad he came so fast because I couldn't handle the pain much longer. I am not sure why anyone would willingly go without an epidural. I was sad that my mom didn't make the delivery. She actually made it to the hospital in time, but they didn't let her come into my room. She came in just after he was born. Gavin is healthy and happy and we are so glad to have him home. He weighed 6lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 inches long.
Here is my mom holding Gavin.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

He is so cute and little. And you look amazing in all these pictures. Did you not just have a baby?

The Dobrons said...

Too bad Andrew had his drunk look on again. I guess it WAS 3:30am...but sheesh girl you look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING for just having a baby not only at the but crack of dawn--even before that, but after going through the pain you went through...I looked like a freaking groggy mess after dealing with painful contractions with Allison...mascara all smeared. You make it look like cake!