Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Mom is the Greatest


Gavin came at a great time. Since he came on Friday, Andrew had the weekend, Monday and Tuesday off. My mom went home on Monday morning, but then came up to celebrate New Years Eve with us. However, there was not much of a party going on here. I slept until I feed Gavin at 1145pm and then we all watched the ball drop in Times Square. We spent Tuesday with my mom and Dan and Krystal. It was a really fun day. When Andrew went back to work, my mom stayed with me. I loved having her here. She is such a help and just does things without being asked. She feed us, took care of me and the kids, and kept the house clean (which is not always that easy) I am always sad when the week comes to an end and she has to go home. Sad is probably not an accurate word-DEPRESSED! I am left wondering how I am going to do this on my own. I sure do miss her company and my kids miss her too. She is a great mom that always puts the needs of her kids before her own and will drop anything to help you out. Thanks mom for all the help and support. I love you. The pictures above are of us the night she went home. Although I look happy, I am crying on the inside. Below is a picture of all the grand kids. Dan and Krystal were here the night she went home and everyone wanted a picture with their Nana. She sure is loved. Love you mom!!!

6 comments:

lauren said...

your so lucky to have such an awsome mom. it seriously makes life soooo much easier with our mothers help. im glad your back to blogging... now that your done with the "vampire" books....

The Dobrons said...

I need that last picture! I totally know that feeling when the help leaves and you're dying inside.

whitty-acres said...

oooooh you read the books? we should talk! :)

Tami said...

That picture with your mom and all the grandkids is precious! Good moms/grandmas are seriously the best thing ever. So, are you part of the I heart Edward club, too?

Shannon and Andrew said...

Yes I do love Edward and I was a little obessed with those books. I want to read them again.

Sandra said...

I love your mom and all she does for you. She is the best!! There is a similar pic to the one of you, your mom and baby Gavin at your noni's only it is you, your mom and baby Drew. And you and your mom are drop dead gorgeous in both! Glad you are back blogging...and did I know you were reading my beloved Twilight books???