Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Break 2008

Temecula School district gets two weeks off for spring break. We have spent time at the pool, the park, and have also gone to the Wild Animal Park with some friends. Here are some pictures from the Wild Animal Park. There is a fun play area for the kids. I think this must be fairly new because I don't remember it. Here are the kids posing with the Lion.


Audrey and Drew playing in the jeep.


After lunch and some time at the play area, we moved on to "Outer Africa." On the way, the kids found this fun water feature. All you had to do was pull on the ropes and water would spray on you. In the picture below, Maddy is trying to soak Cody. Audrey was a little more timid and didn't get to close. I know, I couldn't believe it either.


There was a bucket that would fill up with water and then dump over. Madison decided to stand under it until the water came down on her. She got soaked.


I didn't bring any extra clothes and Madison didn't have a dry part on her body. So Lauren offered up Kaia's shorts. By the way, Kaia is two years old but her 2T shorts fit Maddy. Okay, so
they are booty shorts on her. I wonder how many mothers thought, I can't believe you are letting your child dress like that. Note to self: next time bring some extra clothes.


It was a really fun day. Even though there was a long line to get into the park, once we got in, it really wasn't crowded. We even got to see the butterfly exhibit. The butterflies would just land on you. My kids just thought it was the coolest thing. Drew tried to pick one up (even though you are not suppose to) and it tried to fly away. I wish I could of captured his terrified look.






4 comments:

Megan Conrad said...

Oh! I seriously can't tell you how excited I am to see you guys! Spring Break is going to be so fun! Love you:) XOXO

Michelle said...

you're such a fun mom to do all kinds of activities with your kids! wow, two weeks is a long spring break!!! it looks like you're taking advantage of all the time.

Sandra said...

Oh my word...those shorts! Toooooo funny! K- can't wait to see you and your cute family. Call me or I will call you and find out what your plan is for the week. Yeah!

4HandyKids said...

Great recount of the day! I know my kids thought it was great fun and the picture of Maddy getting soaked came out great!