Saturday, November 1, 2008

Maddy's 8th Birthday

Madison turned eight this year. She decided that she wanted to have an Olympic party. All the kids came to the park and participated in a bunch of Olympic games. There was a relay race, a discus throw, and a sack race. At the end they each received a gold metal. One of the boys from Maddy's class told me it was the best party he had ever been too. Success. YEAH!!! Here is Maddy opening her gifts.

And eating her cupcakes. Nice blue lips. Michael from her class is sitting next to her. He was the one who told me it was the best party ever.


Andrew and I collaborated on this cake and this is how it turned out. (I couldn't get it to upload the correct way but you get the picture)



Maddy you are such a joy to have in our lives. You are helpful, sweet, and sensitive. You are so smart and do great in school. You have a love for learning about the gospel and at times I think you know more than I do. Your current loves are teather ball, your American girl doll, and riding bikes. Mom and dad love you.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like it was a very fun party! Great idea - I'll have to steal it sometime...:)

Jessica said...

Cute cake! That is a good idea for a party.

Edinburgh flats said...

Nice arrangements